Friday, August 19, 2016

Farmers Market Provides A Taste of the Unexpected

After attending the Union County Farmers Market this past Saturday I am only sad that I had not spent every single one of my Saturday mornings there this summer. I came in with a budget that I did not follow and left with so many bags that I could not hold. I scored all of my farm fresh favorites; juicy tomatoes, plump blackberries, and homemade banana bread. I also came out with some surprises that took me out of my comfort zone; a jelly made with habanero peppers, a soap made from goats milk, and honey with a hint of lavender.

Besides the wonderful local food and products, I proudly walked away with I also had a chance to experience the aura that was in the air at the Union County Farmers Market Festival. It was refreshing to see so many happy families buzzing around and stocking up on things you just can’t get at the grocery store while listening to live music next to the pavilion. 

With over 28 vendors that offer a wide spread of fruits, vegetables,  herbs, baked goods, honey, meat, soaps, wood items, herbal teas, flowers and so much more you’ll never have a chance to be bored while visiting the Union County Farmers Market.

If you ever feel like you are making the same for dinner every week, The Union County Farmers Market also has a cure for that as they provide recipes that include all of your new fresh ingredients (click here for a PDF recipe card compilation).

The best part is you can stock up on farm fresh goodies every Saturday at Partners Park from 8:00 to 11:00 AM. But don’t wait too long because the winter months are closer than they appear, and the last Farmers Market of the season is on October 8th.

Don’t sleep the day away this Saturday but instead come on out and get come real Hickory syrup to put on your pancakes! 

The Union County Farmers Market operates markets in Marysville and Richwood. For more information, please visit their website.