Monday, July 11, 2016

The Half Pint on a Friday Night

Hi, it’s Morgan DeWitt, I’m the new kid on the block here at Team Marysville. I’ve joined with the team to spread the good word of our community through this blog. This week I’m here to share about another new kid on the block, the Half Pint.


The beautiful, rustic, and laid back interior of the Half Pint
I came to the Half Pint expecting a cheeseburger cooked to perfection with perfectly salted French fries on the side. I not only had the best, but also the strangest cheese burger I’ve ever had the privilege of eating; I also came out with the feeling that I had just gained some high-quality friends. 

I was able to chat with Scott, the manager, over his meal suggestion, a PB&J burger. I’m not going to lie, I was skeptical about Scott’s choice but I stepped out of my comfort zone and devoured (I mean seriously, devoured) a hamburger with peanut butter and jelly on it. I also know there are stereotypes about ordering crab cake in Ohio, but Scott swears that Chef Ryan’s crab cakes taste like they are fresh off the East Coast. I dare you to try a PB&J hamburger and a crab cake from Ohio at the same time - you won’t regret it. 


This is me devouring a PB&J hamburger, nice to meet you!
Besides encouraging me to take risks with my hamburger selection, Scott also gave me the low down on what the Half Pint is bringing to Marysville’s community. Marysville needs a community that works together and Scott agrees with that to the fullest degree, “I don’t want the Half Pint to take away from any other business in Marysville. I want to give Marysville a place to sit down and get an efficient burger and fast. The Half Pint, the Old Bag of Nails, and Leon’s can all work together to make downtown Marysville a great place along with giving it that “closer to home feel” rather than driving all the way to Dublin to have dinner with the family.”

We are blessed to live in a small community where it’s easy to recognize faces when you walk into a restaurant and give a small hello or wave. The Half Pint and Scott want to expand this simple wave into something more, “The community doesn’t just need food and beer, the community needs relationships and friends. I want to come out to your table and know about you, I want to know about your family, what you do, everything. I want to know that you’re comfortable and that you can tell me if the food sucks at dinner that night. I want to be involved not just because I have to be but because I want to be.”

I had nothing to complain about after I ate dinner at the Half Pint but if I did I would have no problem telling my new friend, Scott. Thank you Half Pint, for helping Marysville become so much more than a city 45 minutes Northwest of Columbus. You can enjoy a fantastic meal, make friends, and bring the whole family out to the Half Pint. You can find it at 211 East 5th Street.

The Half Pint Marysville
211 East 5th Street
Website or Facebook